Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Summer Weekend in Michigan

This past weekend was our last Summer weekend in Michigan for 2010...  Where did Summer go?  It has been a great, fun-filled Summer but both Chris and I are ready for Fall.  It seems like our Summers are always so busy.  Now that Fall is approaching, we will be able to relax, WATCH FOOTBALL, and prepare for Baby Brophi.

We went home to celebrate my Mom's Birthday (August 27).  We had dinner at Tosi's Restaurant on Friday night.  Out of all the years I lived in Michigan I have NEVER been to Tosi's Restaurant.  It was very nice.  Great food and service.  We definitely had a fantastic time as we always do when all of us get together! 


My friend Jenny had her Baby Shower on Saturday so Ashlee (Sister) and I joined her for the celebration.  It started to get my very excited about my Baby Shower.  We already have one planned.  Heading to PA November 12 through November 14 to have a Baby Shower with Chris' side of the family.  Very excited to spend some time with them before Baby Brophi arrives!

On Sunday, we spent the afternoon at Whirlpool Beach...  It is a beach that my Mom and Bruce have been going to for years.  To get there you need to go by boat.  It use to be pretty deserted but now there are a lot of people.  It was sad that it was our last weekend in Michigan but we realized that the next time we are at Whirlpool Beach we will have a little one!  
Although Summer 2010 is coming to a close, we have a lot to look forward to this Fall and Winter.  We are planning to go back to Michigan for my Sister Ashlee's Birthday on September 10.  And, hoping to get back there for the Lakeshore/St. Joe Football Game on October 15.  I want Chris to experience the rivalry!  I wonder if the game still attracts a huge crowd?

One more trip to PA in November for our Baby Shower.  Thanksgiving here in Chicago and we always put up the Christmas Tree at my Mom's the day after Thanksgiving.  Hoping to have my Baby Shower in Michigan in December before Christmas.  You never know what the weather will be like in January.  We always spend Christmas in Michigan.  

After all that, we probably won't be doing much but preparing for Baby Brophi to arrive around February 18, 2011.  If you look at the top, I added the weeks, days, and days-to-go.  I thought this was a great idea...  I actually stole it from my friends blog.  Thanks, Melissa!  :)

More updates coming soon...  We will be announcing the names we have chosen for a BOY and a GIRL soon.  Stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment