Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Relaxing Weekend!

I love weekends in the Fall.  It seems like Summer is always so busy for us so once Labor Day Weekend hits, I get excited to finally have some down time.  Some of my favorite things about Fall include:

Leaves Changing Colors
Honey Crisp Apples
Dinners in the Crock Pot
Pumpkins
Chris' Chili
NFL Football
College Football
Boots
Thanksgiving (I Love to Eat!)
Smell of Fireplaces
Crisp, Cooler Weather
Smell of a Fall Morning
Windows Open w/ a Fall Breeze
Coffee Brewing on a Crisp Saturday Morning

I am sure there are tons more but that is all I can think of right now.  Every year, we drive to Wisconsin to this pumpkin farm.  We pick-out pumpkins, apples, and enjoy all the activities.  I forget the name of the place but it is just pass the Wisconsin/Illinois border.  We found it a couple of years ago!  We are planning to go the weekend of our anniversary.  Going to pick-out a little pumpkin for our Baby!  By that time, we will know if it is a BOY or GIRL.

Thanksgiving is another favorite time of year.  What can get better than spending time with family, eating delicious homemade food, and watching football with the fireplace going???  Chris and I usually have Thanksgiving here in Chicago with just us two.  We love it.  The day after, we drive home to Michigan to put up my Mom's Christmas Tree.  It is a tradition for us!  

Like I said, this weekend was very relaxing for us.  Friday night, we usually always go out for Date Night.  We went to Lou Malnati's.  We have not been there in awhile.  It was great to have the salad and a deep dish pizza.  Lou's definitely has the best, considering we are not big fans of deep dish.  

Saturday, we slept in, well tried too!  It rained most of the morning, which made me smile.  I made coffee and it always smells so great, especially on a crisp Fall morning.  Chris made eggs with onions, bacon, and toast.  Always a delicious meal.  We watched College Football all day and never left the house.  I took a nap too!

Sunday, we went to Church.  Our Church had a Baby Dedication.  It was so fun to watch all the little babies.  Our friends baby boy was born in June and he was dedicated.  All the babies were boys!  Our Church does Baby Dedications a few times a year.  It always puts a smile on your face! 

The rest of the day, we watched football.  What a surprise!  :)  Chris made his AMAZING Chili.  It is one of the best things I have ever ate.  I had two bowls and fell asleep.  I only was able to watch about half of the Bears game because of my nap.  BEARS WIN!!!  It is hard to believe that we are now 2-0 but a great feeling!  

I was thinking...  What if the Bears go to the Super Bowl and I go into labor that day???  Anything is possible.  Super Bowl is Sunday, February 6, 2011 and I am due February 18, 2011.  That would be a great story!

Off to get some work done...  More updates on Wednesday after our OBGYN Appointment.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    I went to Tulane in New Orleans for college and became a hug Saints fan. That's why I felt it was destiny that I would have a son the year the Saints magically won the Super Bowl! On top of that, my due date was Feb. 5. The Super Bowl was Feb. 7. I was in hard labor during the game and my husband kept giving me the play by play. At the end, when Drew Brees held up his baby, I was insanely jealous of his wife who was done with labor. I think I even said, "I hate babies." Lol! David was born at 2 in the morning after the Super Bowl and we almost named him Drew after the MVP. It was a great story and the cover of Sports Illustrated now hangs in our living room. Oh, and a copy of the entire game (which I wanted to watch since I'd missed it the first time) was put in his baby book.

    Anyway, I thought you might enjoy that story. Super Bowl babies are fun! :-)

    Glad you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete