Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

Brixen Christopher Keller
Due:  February 18, 2011

What a VERY exciting day!!!  I hardly slept last night...  Especially since I have been so congested lately.  My humidifier sure does help though!  Thanks for suggesting that, Mom!

I woke up at 6:00 AM, which is an hour earlier than my normal time.  I just could not fall back to sleep.  I got up, checked emails and Facebook like always, and cleaned up the kitchen.  I woke Chris up at 7:00 AM.  I said, "Honey, today is the day we find out if we are having a son or daughter."

Driving to the hospital, I was so anxious and could not wait to get there for the ultrasound.  I thought I was going to pass-out!  We got there right at 8:15 AM and got in right away.  I love being the first appointment.  

Instead of finding out at the hospital, Chris and I decided to do something a little different.  We wrote Brixen Christopher and Sophi Jo on index cards and put them in an envelope that said Boy or Girl?  We asked the ultrasound technician to put a smiley face on either boy or girl.  At the end of the ultrasound, she went out of the room and sealed it up.  Chris took this picture before we left for the hospital.


The ultrasound really did not last that long, maybe 15-minutes.  We got to see a lot on our baby this time.  Foots, legs, kidneys, spine, etc.  Baby Brixen's hand started to move at one point and we knew he was waving at Mommy and Daddy.  The ultrasound technician said everything looked great and our OBGYN would take a look at the results and email us.

I think the ride home from the hospital to our house TOOK FOREVER and we only live less than 15-minutes away.  We FINALLY got home.  Of course, I started crying even before Chris opened the envelope.  I always had that feeling it was a boy and so did Chris.  So...  When he opened it up and there was a smiley face on Brixen Christopher all we could do was cry and hug.  It was a VERY SPECIAL moment.  And, thankful, we did it the way we did.  It was private and special between him and I.  



Me and Brixen Christopher Keller (Our Son)



Chris and Brixen Christopher Keller (Our Son)

As you can see, both of our eyes were very teary from our cries.  But we both are very emotional people so I knew I would cry!  How can you not???  We were about to find out if we were having a son or daughter!

We got some stuff on video and even calling our Moms to tell them to good news.  Chris will put together a small video and I will post that soon!  Right now, we are cherishing this amazing moment and can't wait to meet our son, Brixen Christopher Keller, in February 2011.

As you can see, I changed the colors of our blog.  Brixen's nursery will be chocolate brown and light blue so I thought this new blog background was perfect!  We are planning to go do our Baby Registry tomorrow because we are just so excited.  Plus, we are heading to PA November 12 through November 14 for a Baby Shower with Chris' family.  

Tonight, we are planning to go out and celebrate that we are having a SON!  Check back soon for a video update.  I will be blogging tomorrow about officially being 20-weeks.  In addition, I am sure we will post photos and videos from our Baby Registry adventure.

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!!  It really means a lot to all three of us.  We greatly appreciate it and truly feel blessed!  

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Guys! We are so happy for you and that Isabella will have a new friend and playmate named Brixen!!! Can't wait to see you on Monday!

    XOXOXOXO

    Enjoy the day! What an amazing ultrasound pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... yay! thank you so much for posting this! I was wondering this whole day! we are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, such a beautiful moment!!! I got teary eyed! :) Love to both of you and especially little Brixen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kellerjanie@yahoo.comSeptember 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM

    Heather, I love the background, perfect for my grandson! We looked at the ultrasound together and just stared at him, aww, thats our other grandson, we feel so thrilled to be grandparents of another boy. :-) Dreams do come true. Enjoy this wonderful time of your lives and the miracle of pregnancy. Love you,
    Mom and dad K. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! SO excited for you guys!!! What a fun name too - I loved both of your names! :) Such a fun way to find out too. awww, can't wait to read more about it all - have fun registering!!

    ReplyDelete