Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Registered for Our 1st Baby Class

Chris and I are planning to take 4 Childbirth/Parenting Classes at Evanston Hospital, where Baby Brophi will be born.  Thankfully, it is only a few miles from our house.  We went to the hospital for the first time when we had our early ultrasound at the end of 13-weeks.  It is VERY NICE!  It is like a hotel.  I was very impressed.

The Childbirth/Parenting Classes we are planning to take are below.  If any of my Mommy friends out there have any other suggestions, please let me know.  We are excited about the classes because we will be able to meet and talk with our couples.  


Preparing for Childbirth
Caring for Newborns (For 1st Time Parents)
Infant CPR/Safety
Breastfeeding


The Preparing for Childbirth Class is the one we are taking first because it is four-weeks long.  The hospital did not offer classes in December and I felt January was cutting it too close.  We decided to take the class in November, which will be towards the end of my Second Trimester.  This class is for anyone who is in their Second or Third Trimester.

The class meets starting Monday, November 1, 2010 for 2.5-hours in the evening.  The class will go every week for 4-weeks and end on Monday, November 22, 2010.  At the end of the last class, we have an optional tour of the hospital.  I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THE TOUR!  It will be very fun to get more familiar with the hospital, etc.  

The other classes we are planning to take in December and January.  Caring for Newborns is for two Thursdays in December.  Infant CPR/Safety and Breastfeeding will both be in January.  

We are so excited about the coming months!  It is one of our favorite times of the year.  We usually go up to Wisconsin and pick pumpkins and apples in October.  And...  It is been almost a YEAR since we got married!  WOW!  Last year at this time, we were planning for a Wedding and now we are planning for a Baby.  November, we will be busy with a trip to PA for our Baby Shower and Thanksgiving.  We usually have Thanksgiving here in Chicago with just the two of us.  December is always a fun month getting ready for Christmas.  It is a beautiful time here in Chicago with the white snow, Christmas music, and lights.

Well, that is all for now...  Check back soon for more updates, videos, and photos!  We are counting down the days until we find out BOY or GIRL.  Be sure to VOTE!



4 comments:

  1. I loved signing up for all the classes and then getting excited for them. I'm sure people do just fine without taking classes, but Pete and I really enjoyed the ones we took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very excited about taking the classes... It will be a fun experience. Plus, we can meet other couples. We are looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved meeting other couples in the classes. Take as many as you can! I still take baby care classes at a local baby store just to meet other mommas with babies the same age. It's fun! I definitely wish I had known more about breastfeeding before I jumped into it. You'll be super prepared!

    I definitely miss Chicago around the holidays. It doesn't snow much here in Seattle.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the change of the seasons! Fall is my favorite. I do enjoy having snow for Christmas but Winter season is a bit long. By the time our baby comes, I will be ready for Spring. :) We like to walk downtown during Christmas with the snow and the Christmas lights. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete