Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend!!!

This time of year is always fun for Chris and I.  We LOVE the holiday season.  It really is a special time of year.  Usually, for Thanksgiving we always spend it in Chicago with just us two.  And, for Christmas we go to my Mom's house in Michigan.  

On Wednesday, I always bake...  I make my Mom's Cheese Bread and a new recipe that I started last year, Pumpkin Roll.  It took me all day just to bake those two items.  The Cheese Bread is so good but does take a long time to make.  Below is a video from Thanksgiving Eve!  Enjoy!


Our house sure smelled very delicious!  I had the fireplace going, the Christmas Music on, and candles going.  So nice!  But I was wiped-out by the end of the night.  That was a long day being on my feet!

I can't believe as I am writing this it has been a week since Thanksgiving.  On Thanksgiving, we woke up and Chris started Tom the Turkey.  Everything else I made the day of Thanksgiving.  We cooked most of the morning and watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Once we started to eat, the football games came on and that is about all we watched the rest of the weekend!  Enjoy our Thanksgiving Day video below!  


We have a tradition to put up the Christmas Tree the day after Thanksgiving and that's what we did!  We always watch Christmas Movies while putting up the tree.  I had a hot chocolate too!  We LOVE putting up our Christmas Tree together.  We got this tree the first Christmas we were together and every year it gets more and more exciting.  We also write notes on this sheet of paper each year so when we put it up the next year, we can see what we were doing, etc.  Very cool!


On Saturday, we did some shopping!  There were some great deals.  We ordered Brixen a Pack N Play from Babies R Us online.  We got some other great deals too on diapers and wipes.  We ordered the Glider and Ottoman for the Nursery.  And...  The car seat we wanted was 20% off online with free shipping.  We couldn't pass up that deal!  It was a fun, fun day!  We even had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and watched some college football!  

Sunday, we went to Church and waiting for Chris' cousin, Jesse, Kay, and their three girls to arrive.  We had Lou Malnati's that night...  Yummy!  Monday, we spent the day with them and they left early Tuesday morning.  Overall, we had a GREAT, RELAXING weekend!  

I am VERY thankful for my Husband/Best Friend/Soul Mate/Business Partner, our families and friends, our health, our growing businesses, and most importantly, for Baby Brixen who is still growing inside my tummy!  WE LOVE YOU BRIXEN!  Can't wait to meet you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment