Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Doctor's Appointment: 12.29.10

WOW!  I just realized this...  But today was our last appointment for 2010.  The first time we saw our OBGYN was June 30, 2010 and now this year will be over in less than 3-days.  I can't believe it!  Well...  We had a pretty busy afternoon with two appointments in two different locations.  One with the Endocrinologist and the other with the OBGYN.

Our Endocrinologist, Dr. Benjamin, was impressed with my discipline to stay on a healthy diet and keep my blood sugar levels below what he is wanting me to be at for the rest of my pregnancy.  As long as my blood sugar levels continue to stay how they are, I will not have to go on insulin.  Usually, if someone has to go on insulin, it takes place before Week #35, which would be about 2-weeks more for me.  He really doubts that I will have to go on insulin, which is a good thing.  A healthy diet really changes a lot.  Plus, I am trying to walk as much as possible during the day, which also helps my blood sugar levels.  We see Dr. Benjamin again on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM.  If things go well between now and than (he monitors my food logs once a week on Thursdays), I will not have to see him again in this pregnancy.  

Our next appointment was with the OBGYN.  Unfortunately, Dr. Swenson, our regular OBGYN was out-of-the-office so we had to see one of her partners, Dr. Ortega.  We have seen 3 out of the 7 OBGYN Doctors in this office.  This is a good thing because we never know who will be on-call at the hospital once Brixen decides to make his GRAND ENTRANCE!  Dr. Ortega was very nice and the appointment went great!  Below are some details...

Weight Gain to Date:  About 24-Pounds
Measurement:  33-Inches (Right On Schedule for Our Due Date)
Blood Pressure:  110/66 (Shoot!  I forget the exact numbers but I do know that my blood pressure was great!)
BRIXEN'S HEART BEAT:  144

All-in-all we had two great appointments.  Both doctors were very impressed with my pregnancy thus far.  We go back to Dr. Swenson on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM.  After that, I believe we will be going to see her every week.  WOW...  So close and very exciting!

I am feeling great but starting to get tired earlier in the evening.  I have the most energy in the mornings and that is when I try to get the majority of my work, errands, etc. completed.  That way I can be around the house to relax the rest of the day.  Since we were out most of the afternoon, I am feeling sleepy now.

1 comment:

  1. I've been getting SO tired lately too and wondering how I'm going to go back to work, ugh!
    Glad your appt went well :)

    ReplyDelete