Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Brixen's Nursery... Thus Far!

Since the week in-between Christmas and New Years is never really busy with the business, I decided to take some time and work in Brixen's Nursery.  The room was pretty much clean so I did all the organizing and went shopping!  There are still some things that we need but that will come over the next couple of weeks.  Enjoy!

Brixen's Nursery...  Thus Far!


Awww...  His adorable crib!  Right now, the plan is to have him sleep in his Pack N Play in our room just until we get the hang of things and somewhat on a schedule.  Our room is just across from his nursery so maybe by 6 to 8-weeks.  We will just have to wait and see!

The BRIXEN letters will be hung over his crib.  That is Daddy's job!  The blue bouncer next to the crib has some toys in it.  I plan to get a toy box to put those in and not sure where we will keep the blue bouncer.  Maybe in Daddy's office of the living room.  I am sure we will have baby stuff all over soon!
This is the matching dresser to the crib.  I love it!  Has enough space and I got everything organized inside.  The drawers are filled with onesies, receiving blankets, and pants!  The smaller drawer has tons of socks and hats.  There is another door that opens where I am keeping wash clothes and bath time stuff.

The plan is to move the dresser over a bit to the left.  We are going to hang the Diaper Holder from the wall.  We still need to get the Changing Pad and matching Changing Cover.  That will go on top of the dresser to the left.  And, there is a matching lamp shade that will go on the lamp.  Above the dresser, we are going to put a mirror.  I heard Babies love mirrors.  We will be able to hold Brixen and he can see himself!
Brixen sure has a lot of blankets...  That is a huge pile!  In-between the high chair (Chris' when he was a baby) and the LION, we are going to put a toy box.  For now, this will store the blankets and the toys that were in the blue bouncer in the first photo.  YOU CAN SEE YODA TOO!  There is a 3-piece Wall Hanging that matches the crib bedding that will go on the wall above the toy box.  


I sure do LOVE my Glider and Ottoman!  It is so comfortable.  I can't wait to rock Brixen.  Today, I went to Target and bought that book basket and the 3-drawer storage unit.  Chris got me that CD player for Christmas and a bunch of relaxing CDs.  Mozart, Hawaii, etc.  It is nice to take some time in his nursery and relax to this type of music.  Brixen is going to love it too.  The 3-drawer storage unit will be used for burp clothes, pacifier stuff, and some nursing items for me.  That beautiful blanket hanging on the Glider is made by my Grandma!  


Brixen's well-organized closet!  This one took some time.  But I have all of his clothes washed and organized by size.  I got a couple of blue storage bins just to put misc. stuff.  Those brown canvas bins are very handy too.  Shoes are going in one, bigger size onesies in another, and extra bedding.  They are nice sized and great for storage.  I have all the diapers organized above as you can see and on the other side is a ton of wipes!  Loving the closet! 


Of course, we had to add a LION to the wall.  This is above the door and will protect Brixen when he makes his arrival!  It is the cutest LION!  We got it at our Baby Shower in PA.  Perfect touch to Brixen's Nursery!

Well...  That is it for now!  We have one more Baby Shower here in Chicago and looking forward to spending some time with close friends.  We are having it here at our place on January 8, 2011.  After that shower, we have plenty of gift cards and coupons to spend at Babies R Us.  I am sure we will take a "Date Day" and go purchase everything else we need.  SO FUN!  

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!!! Love what you've done. Makes me want to work on our baby's room! We did get a rug - I'll show you a pic soon. Great job Heather, it's really come together so nicely. Oh and I thought that lion was real for like 2 seconds, haha :)

    ReplyDelete