Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Shower - Michigan

Baby Shower - Michigan


Last weekend, Chris and I, were in Michigan for our Baby Shower.  We headed there on Friday in the afternoon to avoid traffic.  We got there pretty quickly and was glad we decided to leave early because Chicago was starting to get snow!

Friday night, we ordered Pizza Hut and put up my Mom's Christmas Tree.  Chris and I also got DQ since there isn't one close by us.  Yummy!  Putting up my Mom's Christmas Tree is always fun!  It takes us awhile though because it seems like every year we forget how to put the lights on, etc.

Saturday, Chris and I, both woke up really early, about 4:00 AM our time.  We must have fell asleep early.  He went back to bed but I ended up staying up all day!  I didn't feel too tired either.  We just relaxed most of the morning until we had to get ready for our Baby Shower.

When Chris and I arrived at the Baby Shower...  It was decorated for BOY!  I loved everything.  It was perfect!  I loved the sign out front that said It's a Boy!  It was nice to be able to spend some time with close family and friends that afternoon.  Chris got a lot of great photos, which most of you have probably seen on FB.  The video he was able to finish today!  Our Flip Camera is the best for getting those special moments on video.  If you don't have one, you should really get one!

We got some amazing gifts for Baby Brixen.  Since, I could go on and on and on about each gift we received because everything we got was something we needed or wanted.  I am just going to write about a couple of the gifts.

MOM/SISTER:  Diaper Bag...  I had picked this Diaper Bag out on Babies R Us website because they didn't have it in the stores.  I wasn't sure because I couldn't see it in person BUT when I opened it, I loved it!  It isn't a huge Diaper Bag, so for us, I think it will be a perfect size!  THANKS MOM AND SISTER!

When I was little, I asked my Mom to take me to the store to purchase a sweatshirt.  I even had her pick out the color.  LOL!  She knew that I was making her a sweatshirt but I told her it was for a friend.  Anyway, my Mom got the idea to wrap the sweatshirt for me as a Baby Shower gift.  It was the perfect idea and it was the only present that made me CRY!  I made this for my Mom many, many, many years ago and now, I am about to become a Mommy.  WOW!  The sweatshirt says, "Best Mom."  I know I had the Best Mom and I hope that I can be the greatest Mom just like her!  I LOVE YOU MOM!

GRANDMA (BRIXEN'S GG):  My Grandma, who will become a Great Grandma when Brixen is born made us a bunch of clothes!  She has such an amazing talent.  When I was growing up, she would make all my formal dresses for dances and even the Miss Stevensville Pageant.  The clothes are perfect for Brixen.  The best part is that GG made them for him.  We got a couple of blankets, jumpers with a couple of shirts.  One has footballs on it and the other fire trucks.  There was so much she made.  Unfortunately, Grandma couldn't be at our Baby Shower because her and Grandpa live in FL for the Winter.  So, I called her after ward and asked how long it took her to make all this stuff.  She said that she started in the Summer making boy and girl outfits because we didn't know it was BRIXEN until late September.  THANKS GRANDMA!

Chris and I both wanted to say a SPECIAL THANKS to Ashlee Krukowski (Sister), Bonnie Hillegas (Mom), and Lisa Krukowski (Ashlee's Mother-in-Law).  They put on the Baby Shower for us and Lisa was kind enough to have it at her house, which was so nice and cozy for Christmas!  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!  We greatly appreciate all you have done for us.  Thank you everyone who came out to our Baby Shower!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment