Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas - Week #32

Merry Christmas - Week #32
Brixen Baby Bump Photo

Would you look at that Baby Bump???  Just look at it!  IT IS GETTING HUGE!  As of Friday (Christmas Eve), we are 32-weeks, which is month #8.  Woohoo!  Not too much longer now...

I am still feeling great and getting tired earlier in the evening.  I did take naps over this weekend probably because I ate so much and it was Christmas!  I have noticed lately that it is harder to get things done and takes me a lot longer.  I went out this week to run errands and it took me 3-hours.  I try not to drive too far because it makes me nervous and I am afraid I will slip on the ice.  Probably won't be getting out much in January and if I do, Chris will just take me.  I feel better when he is around!

Chris and I always celebrate our Christmas on Christmas Eve morning.  Now, that Brixen is on his way we will start our own family traditions next year.  We have plenty of time to figure all that out!  :)  We are like kids though...  So excited for our Christmas morning.  We couldn't sleep on our Christmas Eve so we laid in bed and played games on our phones.  It was fun!

We like to take our time opening up presents.  We both had a lot and we also like to do stocking stuffers.  It probably took us a couple of hours to open gifts and it was so much fun!  The fireplace was going and the Christmas music playing...  Just us and our Baby Bump!  

I got Chris some new sneakers and NFL Football Cards from Blowout Cards.  A bunch of Star Wars items...  You might have seen the picture on his FB.  Winter boots too!  It is hard to think of everything I got him but he loved everything!  I think I did a great job!

I got some great things too!  My favorite was this HUGE LIFE-LIKE LION!  We are going to put it in Brixen's Nursery.  Chris also got a comic made for me, which has photos that look identically from our engagement in Hawaii almost 2-years ago until now.  The last picture is of us and my Baby Bump.  He posted the picture/comic on FB if you haven't seen it.  I LOVE IT!  I got some slippers and a robe for the hospital.  And, a birthing ball!  Also, I got a smaller CD player for Brixen's Nursery and some soothing CDs for all of us to relax.  I can't wait to get his nursery together and have relaxation time in there.  

We drove to MI after our Christmas and spent the weekend with my Mom.  My Sister was sick so unfortunately, we weren't able to see her!  It was sad but I think they are going to come here for NYE, which will be nice.  It was hard to say good-bye to my Mom because the next time we see her, we will be in the hospital having Brixen!  WOW!  She is considering taking a day off in January and visiting.  That will be nice.  I want her to see Brixen's Nursery before it gets crazy around here.

We had a wonderful Christmas...  Can't believe next year we will have a 10-month old.  Can't wait to start our own family traditions.  We both get very excited for the holidays so we are always going to make it extra special.  Santa will be bringing for an extra special little one next year!  

ONLY ABOUT 8-WEEKS LEFT...  Stay Tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, I also love the excitement and sincerity and love you put into it. I can feel it in your words. so exciting. keep up the great work! proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAWWW! I like your comment from your Lion and I also love readying your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps! I meant reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Husband and Mom! I LOVE keeping a blog. It is a like a diary and one day we will be able to show Brixen. Warms my heart. I plan to keep up with it throughout the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. February will be here before you know it! You look beautiful! Thinking of you in these last few weeks of pregnancy!

    Oh, and here's what Christmas with a 10 month old looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duchtTxLeBo

    So fun! I've told you this before, but I think having a baby in February is perfect not only for pregnancy, but also because Brixen will be at an adorable age for all the fall/winter holidays!

    Sending my love to you and your family!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete