Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

MI Weekend with Family

It had been almost 2-months since we had been to Michigan to visit with my family.  We decided awhile ago that this would be a good weekend because my Aunt Sue, Aunt Sandy, and Cousin Amy were flying into South Bend to visit my Great Aunt Fran.  It was perfect because we were able to see everyone!

Chris and I left for MI on Saturday morning...  It was a nice, quiet drive.  Sometimes it is nicer to leave on a Saturday morning because there is no traffic and it seems like it is harder for me to sit for longer times.  We got there and my Mom and Sister were so excited to see us and my growing belly!  We went straight to lunch...

All of us girls met at Schu's in downtown St Joe for lunch.  It was so good to see everyone.  I think the whole restaurant probably knew that we hadn't seen each other in awhile.  LOL!  We were loud and gave lots of hugs.  Lunch went by quick.  But we took photos and had a blast!

From Left Top:  Ashlee (Sister), Me, My Mom, Aunt Sandy, Aunt Sue, Great Aunt Fran, Cousin Amy, and Denise (Great Aunt Fran's Daughter). 

This is my Dad's side of the family...  It is really nice that my Mom still stays in-contact with everyone.  It was such a wonderful time.  I wish it was longer but Chris and I were only in-town for less than 24-hours and we had a lot to do!

After lunch, my Mom, Sister, and I went to TJ Maxx and Target shopping.  We found some cute stuff for Brixen.  I was surprised how much stuff my Mom and Sister had already bought for him.  We ended up bringing home 3 bags full of new clothes!  I love them!
Later that night, we all (Mom, Bruce, Ashlee, Kyle, and Kyle's Parents - Tony and Lisa) went to the Mark III for dinner.  For some reason, I wanted their bean burrito and it sure was delicious!  Yummy!  Craving satisfied!  Perfect day with my wonderful family!

We didn't do much after dinner because we were all tired from the busy day.  We just sat around and talked.  Ashlee showed us all the clothes she had bought for Brixen.  Everything is so cute.  I have looked at them so many times since we have gotten home!  Thanks Aunt Ashlee and Uncle Kyle and GRAMJO!!!

Chris and I decided to go shopping in MI City before we headed back home and that was a great idea!  Chris needed a lot for Winter and we found so many great deals.  He found a pair of jeans, two zip-up shirts, 2 nice sweaters, 3 long sleeve shirts, new sneakers, and a Winter coat!  So glad we finally found some stuff for him.  I even found a beautiful long, Winter white puff coat with matching gloves.  I can't wait to wear them!

It was such a wonderful weekend!  I am looking forward to the next time we see my family...  5-weeks, the first weekend in December for my Baby Shower in Michigan!  We are planning to put up my Mom's Christmas tree that weekend as well.  It will be another great time, like usual.  

Not this weekend but the weekend after, we are heading to PA to visit Chris' family for our PA Baby Shower!  That will also be another fun weekend.  We just love being around family, especially now that the holidays are approaching.  Can't believe 2010 is almost over!

Have a great week!  We start our first Pre-Natal Class tonight.  Preparing for Childbirth at the hospital.  It is a 4-week class with a tour of the hospital at the last class.  We are very excited about it and I am hoping to blog about each class.  So, be sure to check back tomorrow!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a fun weekend and your belly pic is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete