Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Preparing for Childbirth - Class #3

Last night, was our 3rd Preparing for Childbirth Class!  Like I always say, just about every week, time sure does go by so fast!  It seems like we were just getting excited to start our first class and now, next Monday will be our last class!

At the beginning of class, we did some more relaxation techniques.  We use the stability ball this time.  I definitely want to get one of those...  They are very comfortable and I can use it for a lot of relaxation/breathing techniques during labor.  I enjoyed the breathing...  It really helped me relax.  Our instructor, Trish Sweeney, said we were doing a great job and that was how we were suppose to be breathing!  Yipppeeee...

We also discussed the "Pushing Stage."  Surprisingly, I am not nervous at all for labor.  I know that what is suppose to happen will and all I can do is try my best to relax and be patient.  Once the nursery is completed, I plan to sit in there every morning to read to Brixen and visualize our labor.  I truly think that if you visualize and belief in something, it will happen!  Especially, with patience and a wonderful coach, like Brixen's Daddy!  

We ended the class with discussing Events Surrounding the Birth and Newborn Procedures.  A lot of this information Chris had learned in this book he loves, called "Eat Sleep Poop."  It is a great book for Dads.  He highly recommends it because it discusses everything!

Looking forward to the last class.  We have met other couples who are due around our time.  One couple is due two-weeks before us so we plan to get their contact information and keep in-touch.  It is nice to have others to talk to who are going through the same experience.

Our 1st Time Parents Class starts in December.  We are really looking forward to that one and hoping to learn a lot for what to expect when Baby Brixen comes home from the hospital.  Infant CPR and Breastfeeding are in January.  That is about all I will be doing in January!  :)

 

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely get a bouncy ball. It's great to sit on when you're pregnant and lots of people bounce their babies to sleep on it! I didn't have one, but kinda wished I did.

    Also, I LOVED the pushing stage! I didn't really like the first part, but as soon as they said it was time to push I got really excited. I felt like I was doing something to see my baby boy! Anyway, I think pushing is fun. The one lesson I did learn though, is to just go with the flow. Sounds like you are already doing that! You don't have control over how Brixen will be born - he decides that for ya!

    ReplyDelete