Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Preparing for Childbirth - Class #2

Last night, we had another class!  This class was A LOT of fun!  Chris and I both enjoyed ourselves very much.  We can't wait to go back next Monday.  Only 2 classes left.  

We started off the class with several breathing techniques.  Like I said last week, I think having taken Yoga Classes, I am aware of different breathing techniques.  However, it was nice to hear all of this from our instructor and have Chris there with me to support.  I definitely feel like it will help when I go into labor.  

We watched another video of a lady who stayed home as long as possible before heading to the hospital.  When she arrived, she was already 7 CM dilated.  I know that is not always the case so I won't get my hopes up.  But our plan is to stay here as long as possible since we only live about 10-minutes away.  I feel like I will be more at-ease and patient in my own home.  Plus, Chris is going to be an amazing coach.

It was kind-of scary though during the movie because the fire alarm went off and all three doors automatically closed on their own.  I have never seen that before so we all were wondering what was really going on.  In the end, it was a false alarm!  

My favorite part of the class...  TOUR OF LABOR AND DELIVERY!  We both were really looking forward to this part.  As we were walking to Labor and Delivery, there was a Dad carrying out a bunch of balloons (It's a Boy) and flowers for his wife who just had a baby.  She was in a wheel chair with the nurse holding her newborn baby boy.  It was a nice experience to see that and almost made me want to cry.  But I fought back the tears!

Labor and Delivery was a GREAT EXPERIENCE!  We saw two newborns in the nursery, one a boy who was 9-pounds, 11-ounces and a girl who was 5-pounds.  She was so tiny!  At this point, Chris and I were both imaging our baby boy, Brixen!  Again, it almost brought tears to my eyes but I held it back because there was so many people around.  

We also got to see where we will deliver and where we will stay after Brixen is born.  It is a very nice facility and I am looking forward to meeting our BOY!  The waiting room is a nice area too so I think my family will be comfortable waiting for the new addition to our family to make his grand entrance.  

Well...  That's all for the class this week!  Brixen has been very active the past few days.  Getting a lot of butterfly-tummy-spasms.  I guess that is what I am calling it now.  Kind-of hard to explain.  But I sure do enjoy them!  :)

Heading to PA on Friday for our Baby Shower with Chris' family and friends.  We will take lots of photos and video.  I will blog about it sometime next week and of course, update you on Week #26.  WOW!  :) 

3 comments:

  1. That's great - an encouraging reminder for me to sign up for our classes! :) sounds like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely sign-up, Rachel! It is fun. We are also taking a First Time Parents Class, Infant CPR, and Breastfeeding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Ive got to be the most blessed and lucky man in the world, no offense to others, but I am!!!

    ReplyDelete