Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Preparing for Childbirth - Class #4 (Last One!)

Last night, we had our final Preparing for Childbirth Class!  I can't believe it has already been 4-weeks since the class first started.  I always say this but I time sure does fly by!  ;)

Chris and I both enjoyed Preparing for Childbirth.  It was a great experience for us and we definitely recommend it to other couples.  Not only is it a great way for Mommy/Daddy to bond but also we learned a lot of great techniques and little tips to help us along the way.  We especially enjoyed the breathing/pushing techniques, the general discussions, and surprisingly the videos!  

When we first started the class, I thought for sure that I wouldn't want to watch a video on someone else giving birth, however, a baby being born is such a miracle.  It was amazing to watch!  It made me get teary-eyed!  And, we both are started to get even more excited about the birth of our son, Brixen!  If it is possible to get even more excited!  

Our last class, we practiced our breathing techniques, which is relaxing!  In addition, we watched a video on an Epidural Birth and a C-Section Birth.  The Epidural really doesn't look all that bad.  BUT I am still hoping to have a Natural, Drug-Free Birth.  I am keeping my options open, of course, but ultimately, I want to give birth vaginally.  

This class has really helped us realize that we want to stay at home as long as possible before going to the hospital to give birth.  Our home is very close, about 10-minutes.  It will be nice to just walk around here and have Chris take care of me in the comfort of our own home.  So, that is the plan!

We are looking forward to our next class...  1st Time Parents.  There are two classes, December 9 and December 16.  We are not sure exactly what takes place in this class but we are hoping to learn a lot since we are 1st Time Parents!  :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment