Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Week #21

According to Baby Gaga, Brixen is about ONE POUND!  He is starting to gain a critical layer of "brown fat" to help him retain his body heat.  This is because at this stage, babies are unable to regulate their own body temperature.  I learn something new every week with Baby Gaga.  It is something I look forward too and I love it.

Week #21 - Baby Bump Photo
Last night, we went to Dengeo's for dinner for Date Night.  We went there a couple of weeks ago and just love it.  Chris says the ribs are the best!  I had a gyro plate with fries and pickles.  Yummy!  After dinner, we walked around Sam's Club because we are planning to get a membership.  I couldn't believe how much cheaper the diapers and wipes were there.  

I had a hard time sleeping last night.  My humidifier did not help much with my congestion.  I woke up at 1:30 AM.  I think Chris knew I was not sleeping well so we sat up and talked until about 4:00 AM.  It was a lot of fun!  Finally, we both fell asleep.  I got up at 9:30 AM and Chris is still sleeping!

We got some cute gifts in the mail this week!  My grandparents sent a package for Brixen and it was the first one we got.  They even addressed the package to Brixen Keller.  Of course, I had to take a photo.  See below!


My grandparents are very excited about becoming great grandparents.  We will have 5 generations in our family.  My great grandma is still alive so that will make her a great, great grandma!  Crazy!  My grandparents were kind enough to buy Brixen some Cubs gear.  Too cute!


A couple of days later, we got a package from Chris' parents.  More cute stuff for Baby Brixen.  Cubs onesies, which will look great with the outfit my grandparents sent!  And, the cutest Guess outfit.  Awww...  I love getting stuff in the mail.  It is so fun to open!


Chris' parents also sent a bunch of stuff from when Chris was a little boy.  It was so much fun going through all this stuff.  Letters, report cards, photos, books, cereal bowl...  We are going to clean out the cereal bowl and Brixen will be able to eat out of it someday!  One of the cutest things was Chris' letter he wrote to the tooth fairy.  


It was so great to see all this stuff from when Chris was little.  Another favorite of mine was the little red shoes his parents sent.  Chris wore these as a little kid.  I just loved them and of course, had to take a photo!


 I could go on and on and on...  But this blog post is already getting long enough.  :)  Today, we are heading to Wisconsin to pick pumpkins and apples.  We are looking forward to it and will post videos and photos later.  Another beautiful day in Chicago!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment