Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Registry Adventure

Last Friday, Chris and I started our Baby Registry at Babies R Us.  WOW!  I did not realize how much stuff there is for babies.  It was crazy!  But a wonderful time!

We spent almost 3-hours there looking through items and adding stuff to our list.  It was fun!  But after 3-hours, my feet and back started to hurt.  I figured I could just do the rest online. 

Of course, we got a video of our adventure!  We should have gotten a video of us sleeping by 8:30 PM from being so tired!  LOL!  I am so thankful that we have a Flip Video so that we can cherish these special moments.  See the video below that Chris put together.


Thankfully, I had a lot of suggestions from my Mommy friends as well as a list of suggested items from Babies R Us.  On Saturday, I added a bunch of other stuff to our list.  Definitely, easier to do everything online!  

Today, I added a stroller and a bathtub.  We decided on the City Mini because it will be perfect for the City!  It is lightweight and easy for Chris to carry.  And, I heard a lot of great things about it from other Mommy friends who live in a city.  The bathtub is a whale and has a lot of great reviews.  The only thing we have not really decided on is a monitor.  Any suggestions?

We also registered at this online store for crib bedding.  It is called Beyond Bedding.  It has the perfect bedding set that I want for Baby Brixen.  Our theme is chocolate brown and light blue.  So, it is truly perfect!

As far as furniture goes, we are planning to purchase that from Buy Buy Baby.  Thankfully, my Aunt Sue and Uncle Rimar are able to get it for us for 20% off, which we are very excited.  Since there is not a store in Chicago, we have to make a trip to the suburbs.  Hopefully, we will get to do that soon.  Maybe this weekend and if not, the weekend after.  It does take time for the furniture to come.  

I am starting to get VERY excited about putting together Brixen's nursery and organizing everything!  I am an organize freak!  I am looking forward to it very much and can't wait to post photos and a video!  

Well...  I just made meatball sandwiches for dinner and I think oreo cookies and milk is calling my name.  Yummy!  

2 comments:

  1. awww, so fun!! We've looked at stuff and created an online registry kind of to keep track of the things friends have given us and the things we still need. It's so hard to pick things that are gender neutral though!! :(
    So I'm sure I'll go back and forth on some things up until my shower dates, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kellerjanie@yahoo.comOctober 5, 2010 at 5:37 PM

    You have a good start on things! Isn't it fun?! It never stops! Enjoy it all, every moment of it! It will be fun organizing the nursery and putting little clothes and things away and hanging wall decor, etc. Are you painting the walls? Aww, little Brixen, I love you sweety.

    ReplyDelete