Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Doctor's Appointment: 10.21.10

Today, we had another 4-week doctor appointment.  We were in and out of the appointment pretty quickly.  She was behind about 15-minutes, which is not too bad.  We had an early appointment at 8:45 AM.  Usually, we go in the afternoon so we can have lunch at Olive Garden.  But our original appointment was set for yesterday and she had to reschedule because of surgery.  There are two different locations and we went to the one that is a bit further from us.

I am right on-track for my weight and my blood pressure was great!  I think when it is all said and done, I will gain about 25-pounds.  That is average.  So, I am happy with that.  :)  Hoping to lose it with breastfeeding and looking forward to getting back to my normal work-outs.  It was hard to stick with a work-out schedule during my First Trimester because I got so tired and had no energy.  Now, I just walk when I can.

Brixen's heartbeat was 166, which is a bit higher than what it has been previously.  Past appointments it has been between 150 and 160.  But the doctor said everything sounded great and looked great on our ultrasound!  We were happy to hear that from our doctor!

Also, I got a flu shot!  I have never got one before but our doctor suggested it since I am pregnant.  I want to protect myself and most importantly, Baby Brixen.  So, I went for it.  Shots today do not seem as bad as they use to be when I was younger.  I was scared at first but it was SO EASY!  I wish they would have given me a sticker for being so good!  LOL!  :)

Next month, our doctor will be out of the office due to surgery so we are planning to see her partner at the location closest to us.  The one near the Olive Garden!  Our appointment is set for Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 10:15 AM.  Sometimes this changes due to surgeries, on-call, etc.  So, we will see if that appointment sticks.

At this next appointment, I have to get glucose testing.  So, they asked for me to get there earlier than my appointment so that I can drink something they call "soda."  I think that is what she said.  Any of my Mommy friends out there remember what that drink was like?  I hope it is not too nasty.  Anyway, I have to drink that and get blood drawn an hour later.  So, after the appointment, we should be able to get that done.  I am hoping this appointment goes a little longer because I would LOVE to have Olive Garden for lunch.  

Overall, it was a great appointment!  I am feeling good, sleeping well, and getting excited about putting together Brixen's nursery.  I will blog again tomorrow about 23-weeks and may even post some photos of the letters I finished for Brixen's nursery.  

4 comments:

  1. I was told yesterday to just drink the stuff as fast as you can...it's like sugary flat soda...
    Good luck - you'll have to tell me about it after you do it so I can be prepared!
    glad you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it tasted as bad as people made it out to taste (but they didn't make me drink the whole thing!). It tastes like a really syrupy, sugary orange soda. I was definitely on a sugar high afterwards. Olive Garden sounds like a good balance for that. ;-)

    Glad the appointment went so well! You are lucky not to be pregnant during the H1N1 outbreak. That was scary. I had to get both the flu and swine flu shot! Ah!

    Keep enjoying your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My description of it is like Rachel's, flat soda. Might check with your office to see if you can pick it up the night before too, it tastes better if it's cold and most offices don't keep it in the refrigerator. And yes, drink it fast! I "failed" my test so had to do a 4-hour test and that was NOT fun! Good luck. It isn't bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the worst part is choking down that drink! i would say it tastes like potent Powerade! if you drink it at the dr. office, ask for LOTS of ice, it's the only way it tastes OK. you will want OG when it's all over with, something delicious to get that taste out of your mouth!

    ReplyDelete