Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Our Journey to Meet Brixen

On 02.22.2010 at 2:22 PM, Chris told me that we were going to have a Blue Harvest Properties, Inc. meeting.  I didn't really think anything of it.  So...  I prepared some things for us to discuss that I was working on for our business.  I assumed Chris was doing the same.  At 2:22 PM, Chris and I met.  However, it wasn't for a meeting.  Chris said to me, "Honey, I am ready to start a family!"  I, of course, starting crying because I was ready too and it was the perfect day!

We decided that we would take our Honeymoon in April and start trying for our family in Hawaii.  Since, we both LOVE Hawaii, we figured God had a plan for us to either get pregnant there or get pregnant a month later because the Due Date would be around 02.22.2011.  Strange...  Being that it was a year later!
We had an amazing 10-days in Maui for our Honeymoon...  It was PERFECT!  We arrived back in Chicago and a few days later we found out we were not pregnant, which didn't discourage us because we had only been trying for a couple of weeks, really.  We knew our time would come and continued to pray about it.  

Well...  We got pregnant right around Memorial Day.  And, found out officially on Sunday, June 13, 2010.  I woke-up extra early that morning (6:30 PM) because something told me to take a Home Pregnancy Test.  I woke Chris up and said, "Honey, I am going to take a test!"  I SWEAR THOSE 3-MINUTES IS A LIFETIME TO WAIT TO SEE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE PREGNANT!  We couldn't believe it when it said PREGNANT!  It was one of the best moments...  For the next few days, I continued to take tests just to be sure that it kept saying PREGNANT!  :)

The day before we took the Home Pregnancy Test, we drove to Milwaukee for the Air Show.  We figured since we would be in FL for the Chicago Air Show, we would make a trip up to Wisconsin.  It wasn't far for us and we love adventures.  Unfortunately, the Air Show got rained out so we decided to go to Barnes & Nobles near by.  We ended up buying a book called, "The Belly Book."  We figured once we were pregnant, we could fill this book out as time went on with our pregnancy.  Little did we know, we were already pregnant!

The past 9-months have been amazing...  We feel truly blessed to have had such a great pregnancy!  We both have enjoyed it very much.  However, we are now just 13-days away from our Due Date and VERY READY to meet Brixen, our Baby Boy!  Everything is ready to go...  Nursery is finished and our bags are packed!  As we wait for those contractions that tell us it is time to go to Evanston Hospital, Chris and I will continue to look back on this journey together and be thankful!

I want to thank all of you who have thought about us and prayed for us throughout our pregnancy.  We greatly appreciate it.  Most importantly, I want to thank my Husband and Best Friend for all his support.  I never thought that I could be this happy or that even someone like him existed...  As I am typing this, I have tears in my eyes.  HE TRULY IS MY EVERYTHING!  I couldn't have made it through this pregnancy without him and his continued support.  I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!  We are truly blessed that God has brought us together and blessed us with a special kind-of relationship.  I can't wait to see what He has in-store for us now that we will be meeting Brixen for the first time in just a few days...  THANK YOU!

Please enjoy this Our Journey to Meet Brixen Video that Chris has prepared himself.  He has been talking about creating a video like this since the beginning of our pregnancy and now the time has come.  He showed me for the first time last night and it made me cry.  ENJOY!  :)

3 comments:

  1. what a great video! you will appreciate all your blogs and videos when Brixen is older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks wife,I am just as blessed as you are! the 12 days of Brixen is on and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait for Brixen to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete