Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OBGYN Appointment: 02.16.2011

Well...  Dr. Swenson said I am still dilated at 1-centimeter.  However, the contractions I am having are working.  She said that I am thinned out and Brixen is even lower than he was last week.  It definitely is painful when she checks me.  But she seemed to be happy with the progress.

Brixen, of course, was sleeping again when we were put on the monitor.  So, Dr. Swenson, had to use the vibrating thingy to wake him up.  It worked!  We both love hearing his Heart Beat, especially for a long time!  I was having some contractions while we were there but nothing like what I was experiencing this morning.  I woke up at about 2:30 AM and was having some but nothing I couldn't handle.  There was one this morning that was a bit painful.  I tried to relax on my birthing ball.  

My blood pressure was 116/70, which is good!  I didn't gain any weight from our last appointment, which is funny because I swear I have had an increased appetite over the past week.  And, because we were on the monitor, Brixen's Heart Beat was in a range.  Other than that, the appointment went great.

We do have one more scheduled appointment with Dr. Swenson on Wednesday, February 23, 2011.  If we have not gone into labor by that date, most likely, she will schedule us to be induced on Friday, February 25, 2011.  Let's pray that we go into labor naturally...  We both are really starting to wonder now if 02.22.11 will be Brixen's birthday.  Especially, since we saw a license plate in-front of us after leaving our OB Appt that was 222!  CRAZY!

Now...  We just patiently wait for our Baby Boy!  I know that when the time is right, Brixen will make his grand entrance.  The good thing is my Dad made it here safely from FL.  He is chilling in MI with family and friends until we go into labor.  Once we do, my Mom, Dad, Bruce, Ashlee, and Kyle will all make the trip here.  So exciting...

3 comments:

  1. 2/22 is feeling like the day :) rest up as much as you can! once he is here, sleep is the last thing you will be doing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe your pregnancy ticker says one day to go - crazy!!
    AND i've been eating SO much lately, kind of out of the blue...so I feel you there :)
    thanks for the update - can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete