Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

OBGYN Appointment: 02.03.2011

Originally, our OB Appt this week was suppose to be yesterday (Wednesday, February 2, 2011) but it was canceled due to the Blizzard.  None of the NorthShore Offices were opened!  So...  First thing this morning I rescheduled and had to see one of Dr. Swenson's partners since she was not available.  Not a big deal.  We were just happy that we could get an appointment today since the Nurse I spoke with insisted that they see me once a week.

We had our appointment at 1 PM...  Got in right away!  My blood pressure was 110/70 and I gained a pound, which means I have gained a total of 27-pounds since the beginning of pregnancy.  Not bad...  They said between 25 and 30-pounds is a good weight gain!  Because of my Blood Sugar Levels, Brixen had to be put on a monitor.  We liked this part because we got to listen to his Heart Beat for about 20-minutes straight.  He moved around a lot during this time.  I would say on average his Heart Beat was about 155 or so.  The monitor also measured any contractions...

Well...  I AM HAVING SOME CONTRACTIONS!!!  On Monday night, I started to get menstrual-like cramping.  It seems to come at night.  But my stomach has also been getting really hard, which are the contractions.  Last night, my back started to bother me and I am feeling a bit irritable at times.  She said that the contractions have a pattern to them and are occurring over every 5-minutes.  I am dilated at 1.  Not much but you never know how fast labor can start, I guess!

She just said to keep an eye on the contractions!  We go back to see Dr. Swenson on Wednesday, February 9.  It is a possibility that Brixen will come before his Due Date, especially since I am already contracting.  I guess only time will tell.  Chris and I are both excited!  Everything is ready to go so Baby Brixen can come at any time.  Although, my Dad doesn't get into town until February 16.  Not sure if I will make it until that date or not.  Whatever happens is what is meant to be!  :)

Stay Tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! Almost there! Maybe David and Brixen will have the same birthday! Stay warm. :-)

    ReplyDelete