Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OBGYN Appointment: 01.26.2011

Chris and I just got home from our OB Appointment.  It was suppose to be at 1:30 PM but we didn't even get called in until about 2:00 PM.  Sometimes we wait once we are in the actual room but not usually that long out in the waiting room.  No big deal...  We just start to get antsy and HUNGRY!  :)

Dr. Swenson said she had to send a patient to Labor & Delivery.  That was why it was taking so long.  Our appointment went well.  I have gained a total of 26-pounds, which is great!  I hope it doesn't take me too long to lose it all.  I can't wait to get back into a work-out routine.  I miss my morning work-outs.  I got too lazy during the First Trimester because of being so tired.  So, throughout our pregnancy, I just walked a lot.  My blood pressure was also great.  And, I am measuring right on-schedule.  She said that at 37-weeks, your belly should measure anywhere between 34-inches and 37-inches.  Mine measured 35-inches.  I don't think my belly will grow that much larger and I probably won't put on much more weight.  

Brixen's Heart Beat was 145.  It was music to our hears.  We LOVE hearing our Son's Heart Beat.  Dr. Swenson also did a Vaginal Strep Test.  I guess this is done with every patient who is planning to have a Vaginal Delivery.  It was quick and easy!  She said that unless I am having contractions, she probably won't start checking me until 38-weeks.  Next Wednesday when we go, I will be 37-weeks and 5-days.  So, I am not sure if she will check me or not.  I guess we will find out next week.  We are now on weekly appointments, every Wednesday at 1:00 PM.  I scheduled them through Wednesday, February 23, 2011.  

All-in-all it was a great appointment.  I am anxious to go back weekly now because we are getting so close.  We asked her a few questions.  Chris mentioned to her that he had a Contraction Timer App!  They have an App for everything these days!  She was excited to tell her other patients about it.  I asked her if I needed to bring anything to the hospital for Brixen.  She said just clothes and that the hospital would provide everything else.  I am almost done packing our bags!  THIS FRIDAY WE WILL OFFICIALLY BE FULL-TERM!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! Glad it went well, can't believe you are FULL TERM tomorrow - woo hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete