Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Long Time...

WOW!  It sure has been awhile since I last updated our Blog...  I am sure our family and friends are wondering what happened!  But I still post a lot on FB.  I know, it isn't the same!  I apologize but it has been a struggle to find the time to sit down and actually write.  It was so easy when I was pregnant.  But now, I am either being a Mommy, Wife, or a Career Woman!

The past couple of weeks have been great!  My Mom came to visit the first weekend in April.  She was here Thursday through Saturday.  It was so nice to have her here.  She couldn't put Brixen down and he got spoiled being held all weekend.  During her visit, the Chicago Cubs had their first game and we dressed Brixen up in his first Cubs outfit.  It was a little big but so darn cute!  Chris and I were also able to get out and look at some properties.  GramJo babysat for us!

Last weekend, GramJo came back to Chicago with the Krukowski's (Aunt Ashlee, Uncle Kyle, Lisa, and Tony).  We had a wonderful time.  Lisa made a ton of GREAT food!  Basically, we stuffed our faces most of the weekend!  We did get out to take a walk on Saturday.  It was still a bit chilly here but it was nice to get out of the house.  After Brixen went to bed on Saturday, we played Apples to Apples...  Oh, good times when we play games together!  They all left on Sunday and it was the middle 80s here.  We decided to drive to Highland Park and walk around downtown.  It was so nice to be outside with the sunshine.  Also, we had DQ.  I love the mini blizzards!

Brixen has his 2-Month Well Check-Up on Friday.  We are excited to see his Pediatrician.  He probably won't recognize Brixen because he had a weight issue at the beginning but now he is gaining like crazy!  He is eating every 2 to 3-hours during the day and having at least 4-oz per serving.  I am mostly pumping breast milk BUT when he is really hungry and I don't have any breast milk left, we give him formula.  At first, I felt like I was a bad Mom because I was giving him formula but in the end, I realized it is what works best for our family!  

I plan to update our Blog on Friday with his visit as well on Monday when he will officially be 2-months.  WOW!  That sure did go by fast!  We both are enjoying our time and adapting well to parenthood.  Looking forward to Summer!  I am so tired of the cold weather.  I can't wait to get some sun, go to the beach, and visit Michigan on the weekends!

Check back later this week!  I am hoping to take more time to update our Blog.  We are finally getting on a better schedule.  But I have to admit, it is a challenge to be a Mom, Wife, and Work from Home.  But I am managing well and it gets better and better each and everyday!  Thanks for always checking and reading our Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Formula Fed vs Breast Fed: by the time they're on regular milk you can't tell the difference between them. I pumped exclusively for about a month, Jerimiah wouldn't nurse :( and that was just too much so we went 100% on formula and you wouldn't know it looking at him now.

    I think you hit the nail on the head: "it's what works for us" and that's what matters. He's so cute and sounds like you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jessica! It is nice to hear that from someone else. I definitely will try to 100% breast feed with the next baby (when that time comes). But with Brixen getting sick at the beginning, it was so difficult. Plus, we work from home, which I am trying to manage all that. :) THANKS!

    ReplyDelete