Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Month #1


Our Baby Boy is ONE MONTH OLD as of Friday, March 18, 2011.  I know this Blog Update is a week late but I was finally able to order the adorable stickers, as you can see above!  Aren't they so cute?  Thanks to my friend who suggested the stickers and they are perfect!

My plan is to do a Blog Update with a photo of Brixen on or around the 18th of each month.  Be sure to check back!  I know a lot of family and friends have been looking for more updates...  I apologize.  The past 4-weeks have been hectic and stressful.  Finally, we are back on somewhat of a schedule!  :) 

Brixen is doing great and eating A LOT!  We definitely don't mind because he gained 11-ounces in 6-days.  He now weighs 8 lbs 8 ounces.  BIG BOY!  We had to go back to his Pediatrician today for a weight check and now we don't have to see his doctor again until his 2-Month Well Check-Up.  

Brixen is eating every 2.5 to 3-hours during the day and sleeping great at night.  Since Chris is more of a night person than me...  He is taking the "first shift."  We usually feed and put Brixen to bed around 8:30 PM or so.  He gets up about 4-hours later and that is when Chris feeds him breast milk in a bottle.  I am able to get about 6 to 7-hours of sleep in a row.  I get up with him around 4 AM and 7 AM.  In between those feedings, I usually get another 2-hours of sleep.  I think that is pretty good for having a newborn.  We have a great system down and it will continue like that until Brixen sleeps through the night.  Hopefully, that will be SOON!  

Brixen's Pediatrician said we should wait to take Brixen out to Church, Restaurants, etc. until he is 2-months old.  For now, we are going to relax at home and wait for the warm weather to arrive.  Once it does, we can't wait to get out and take lots of walks.  We are enjoying EVERY SECOND with our Baby Boy.

Right now, Chris is taking a nap and Brixen is sitting in his newborn lounger, watching the fan!  We noticed that he loves fans!  Keeps him busy.  He barely cries, only when he is hungry and a little at night when he gets tired!  Oh, and, when his pacifier comes out!  LOL!  He is such a wonderful little boy.  WE LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!

I am getting ready to make Chicken and Roasted Pepper Sandwich with a Salad (Homemade Dressing).  Maybe I should post the recipe...  It is soooo good!  Off to finish dinner for my family!  Hope all of you have a great weekend!  Now, that things are getting back to normal, I plan to blog more so be sure to check back often! 

4 comments:

  1. love it, maybe some day he will have a lot of fans, get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable. I LOVE the sticker on the onesie thing! Haha, motherhood has it's ups and downs but focusing on the UPS will get you through any DOWNS that will come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! 11oz in 6 days? that is incredible! good job buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's so cute and such a little peanut!! glad he is gaining weight so well too! love the stickers, I need to get some for Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete