Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bringing Home Brixen

We have been home now for almost 10-days...  Can't believe that Brixen will be 2-weeks old on Friday!  Like our pregnancy, it is going by fast.  We are adjusting to our new life as parents.  The first few days were the hardest.  But after my Mom left last Wednesday, we have been on somewhat of a schedule.  Usually, I nurse Brixen every 3-hours or so but sometimes throughout the day he wants to nurse every 2-hours.  At first, breastfeeding was very hard for me...  But things got a lot better after the Lactation Consultant came to our house last Thursday.  It has all gone up hill since that time.  Now, Brixen can feed up to 20-minutes on each side.  But each feeding is about 10 to 20-minutes on each side.  I was giving him an ounce of breast milk in a bottle afterward but now he isn't taking it as much, which means we will probably be able to go all breast feeding soon!  I am still planning to pump and store breast milk that way we can give him bottles later.

Chris made another video...  Bringing Home Brixen!  I just love Chris' videos and so thankful that he loves putting them together.  It is something we will always be able to look back.  I plan to update our blog as often as possible.  It is easy to take some time to blog when Brixen is taking a nap.  Today, he has been up most of the day with small naps here and there.  Hoping that means he will sleep good tonight.  Chris and I are getting around 6 to 7-hours of sleep at night but not all at once.  I am happy with that thus far.  I feel great throughout the day and trying to take a nap once during the day just to stay energized.  Enjoy the video and look for more updates soon!

2 comments:

  1. what a precious little boy! enjoy EVERY minute with him (not that I think you won't)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u posted at 2:21 pm lol

    ReplyDelete