Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Surprise Visit!!!

For the past couple of months, Chris' parents and I have been planning a Surprise Visit to Chicago for them to see Chris and of course, their grandson, Brixen.  I know how much Chris misses his parents and it was the perfect time for them to come to Chicago for a visit.  They haven't been here since Brixen was 3-weeks old!  Usually, I like to keep these surprises a secret to family and friends but this time I couldn't...  Chris' parents were also planning to go to PA the same time as us.  So, Chris knew that we would be seeing them in Harrisburg and everything there knew his parents were coming here for a surprise.  THANKFULLY, NO ONE ACCIDENTALLY SLIPPED AND TOLD HIM!  

It was hard to fool Chris because we NEVER go out to the suburbs or downtown on a Friday night.  It was the only flight that Chris' parents could get on so I told him I had a special "Friday Night Family Night" planned.  Usually, us 3 will do something as a family on Friday night.  For the two-days prior to his parents arrival, I gave him "clues."  However, they really didn't have anything to do with his parents visit.  LOL!  I just made everything up...

When we left Friday for Midway Airport, I told Chris he had to put on a blind fold and he wasn't too happy about that one.  But I didn't give in because he for sure would have known where we were going.  Of course, traffic was horrible so I had to take a detour and go on Michigan Ave (not a smart idea).  He knew we were down there.  So, I just started making stuff up.

FINALLY...  We got to the airport and his parents were waiting outside.  I pulled up and told Chris to hold on.  I got the video camera, went to his side of the door, opened it up...  TOLD HIM HOW MUCH I LOVED HIM AND THAT I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR HIM.  He opened his eyes and WAS VERY SURPRISED TO SEE HIS PARENTS STANDING THERE!  Fun!  We have it on video somewhere but I don't think Chris has uploaded it yet.

Anyway, his parents stayed until Tuesday than headed to PA where we met them two-days later.  We spent most of the weekend visiting.  It was so nice to have them here.  They love Brixen so much and of course, brought him toys.  Brixen got a laptop, too cute!  And, some clothes!  Chris and I made one of our signature meals on the grill...  

Filet Mignon with Horseradish Sauce
Ranch Red Roasted Potatoes
Salad with Homemade Dressing
Asparagus

It was delicious!  We sure do like to grill-out in the Summer.  We also were able to take his parents to our Rehab Project.  They were very impressed and proud of us!  It was great to show them what we have accomplished thus far.  We went into Evanston as well and tinkered around.  Went shopping too!  And, Church on Sunday.  They have been to our Church before but this time it was with Brixen.  The whole weekend was tons of fun.  And, it wasn't hard to say good-bye because we were seeing them in 2-days in Harrisburg!  THANKS FOR COMING TO VISIT NANA AND PAPA!  We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment