Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend (My 1st!)

On Thursday, May 5, Chris surprised me and said that we were going to go to Michigan for Mother's Day Weekend...  The best part is we surprised my Mom!  And, we got it on video!  We are so good at surprises!  The video is below...

On Friday night, Chris took me on a Date Night!  Our friends came up to watch Brixen for a couple of hours.  It was very nice to get out and have a nice dinner with my Husband!  We went to Bravo in Evanston.  I had a glass of red wine with scallops!  It was delicious!  We even had an appetizer, ravioli.  It was a perfect, fun night but I got tired about 8:30 PM!  LOL!  I guess having a little baby will do that to you!  At least I didn't fall asleep during dinner. 

I was up bright and early on Saturday because I was so excited to head to Michigan for the 1st time with Brixen!  Definitely, a lot more to pack now that we have a baby, even for one night!  The drive went well and Brixen slept most of the time.  When we got to Michigan, Ashlee and Kyle were already at my Mom's.  My Mom thought they were going to take her to lunch.  Kyle let us in the house and we sat on the couch waiting for my Mom to come in the room from her 2nd bedroom.  SURPRISE!!!  

We spent Saturday visiting and also went to Clementine's.  I love that place!  Of course, it was raining, which made us all sleepy.  But we went to the Greiffendorf's so they could meet Brixen!  It was a lot of fun but was hoping to get to meet Stacy's new baby girl.  Next time!  

Brixen did very well his 1st night at GramJos!  He got up at his normal times, like usual.  I didn't get to bed until later because we stayed up and played games.  I was a bit tired on Sunday but it was so worth it.  We can't wait to go back next weekend for a family cook-out!

Sunday was Mother's Day!!!  Brixen got to meet his Great Grandma and Great, Great Grandma for the 1st time!  It was so special...  Something we will always remember.  The best part is we got some of the visit on video.  Chris is the best!  I had the best 1st Mother's Day!  THANK YOU TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND SON FOR MAKING IT A SPECIAL WEEKEND!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment