Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our Big Surprise - Telling Dad and Sherry

Two-days after leaving Michigan from my birthday weekend, we drove back to New Buffalo to meet Dad, Sherry, Mom, Bruce, Ashlee, Kyle, Lisa, and Tony for dinner. Everyone knew about OUR BIG SURPRISE but Dad and Sherry! Again, I felt like it was the longest drive to MI.

We had a trip planned to visit Chris' family in Harrisburg, PA the following day through Sunday. That was the time Dad was in-town from FL. So, it worked out perfect that we were at least able to see him in-person for dinner. I wanted to be able to tell everyone OUR BIG SURPRISE in-person.

I found a picture frame that said Grandpa on it... I put a piece of blue construction paper in one photo slot and a piece of pink construction paper in the other. The main part of the frame had a photo from our first ultrasound. We said it was a late Father's Day present from Chris and I. And, we hoped that he liked it!

Dad didn't get it at first but Sherry sure did! She is a Grandma and has seen several ultrasounds. Eventually, I said to Dad, "WE ARE PREGNANT!" He was VERY SURPRISED. Like I said with the other surprises, it was PRICELESS! See the video below...



SURPRISE Dad and Sherry!  WE ARE PREGNANT!  This is truly a PRICELESS moment and so thankful we were able to get a video and this awesome reaction photo!
My Dad and I...  Such an amazing moment!  So thankful that we were able to tell him in-person!  This is my Dad's FIRST GRANDBABY!  There really are not words to explain this special moment...

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I never seen your dads eyes get so wide!!

    ReplyDelete