Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

7 and 8-Months!!!

Brixen Christopher is Getting So Big...









I have to admit, I have been slacking on updating our Blog.  I do apologize.  Being a Mommy, Wife, and having a career is hard work.  When I have a few extra minutes, I just want to relax.  Anyway, I got up early just so I could update our Blog.  I hope you enjoy!

My last Blog Update was at 6-Months and a lot has changed since that time.  Brixen was 8-Months Old yesterday!  I can't believe it.  I would say there was the most changes from 7-Months to 8-Months.  My Mom and Sister were here at 7-Months and now my Mom is coming back this weekend.  I think she will be surprised.  

Brixen has been sitting up on his own for awhile but he now can sit himself up.  He also pulls himself up, which is the cutest thing ever!  We lowered his bed because when he wakes up, I can hear him...  I go into his room and all I see is a little head trying to look over the crib.  He is standing up!  We got him this play area too and he pulls himself up in there.  

HE LOVES TOYS!  And, of course, chewing on everything.  He now has 2 TEETH and I think he is getting more.  We can usually tell because he will wake up in the middle of the night.  We just put orajel on his teeth and he goes back to sleep.  His two bottom teeth are so adorable.  I love when he smiles.

Brixen now has mastered the word DA-DA!  Chris loves hearing him say that even though Brixen really doesn't know yet.  We are teaching him that DA-DA is Chris and point to him.  No Momma yet but I hope it comes soon.  He babbles all day long and is REALLY LOUD!  LOL!

He is sleeping and eating very well.  Although, he seems to be a picky eater.  He LOVES bananas and doesn't like anything green.  I am trying not to worry about it and eventually I will try again or mix it with something.  He is still taking 2 naps a day and probably will for awhile but they are not as long as they use to be.  His schedule is about the same everyday, give or take.

7:00 AM:  Wake-Up; 6 to 8-OZ Bottle
8:30 AM:  Breakfast...  Any Kind of Fruit w/ Oatmeal
10:00 AM:  Morning Nap
After Nap:  6-OZ Bottle
1:00 PM:  Lunch (Veggie or Fruit)
2:00 PM:  Afternoon Nap
After Nap:  6-OZ Bottle
5:30 PM:  Dinner (Turkey w/ Rice or Apples w/ Chicken...  Carrots or Bananas)
7:30 PM:  4-OZ Bottle - BEDTIME

Brixen does sleep through the night.  Between his nighttime sleep and his naps, he probably sleeps about 15-hours.  This is pretty normal for an 8-Month Old.  We are pleased with it.  Almost 12-hours at night and another 3-hours during the day.  And, I am trying to incorporate new foods as much as I can.  If he doesn't like it, he keeps his mouth shut and won't open it.  Funny!

We have a Baby Dedication at our Church on Sunday, November 13.  Brixen is being dedicated and we can't wait.  We have been looking forward to this moment.  We haven't decided on his picture yet though.  Below are our two choices.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?



The Keller Family is anxious for the Holiday Season to arrive.  This time of year is our favorite, especially in-between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It will be extra special this year with Brixen's 1st.  Lots of photos and videos to come.  I just posted a ton on FB if you haven't seen them.  

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

2 comments:

  1. he is growing up so fast and is absolutely beautifully gorgeous!! keep up the great parenting skills, love you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, he is SOOO sweet - such bright, blue eyes!!
    So fun to read about how Brixen is growing and changing, isn't it all going by so fast already?!
    That's awesome that B is getting dedicated too! Look forward to seeing pics

    ReplyDelete