Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Brixen's Schedule

It was very hard for me not to have a schedule when Brixen was born.  Ever since I can remember, I always made a "To-Do List" and was extremely organized.  But when Brixen was born, I realized very quickly that I wasn't always going to get everything done on my To-Do List, etc.  I struggled for awhile with this because I always want things done a certain way.  But as time goes on, I have learned to let go (somewhat)!

Now, that Brixen is getting a bit older and I have really figured him out...  I am able to get back more on a schedule.  It definitely isn't what it was like before Brixen was born, however, it is better now!  I have learned that not everything has to be perfect.  I still have my days where I want to get everything done...  It sometimes can be hard keeping up with the house, taking care of Brixen, and working all at the same time.  But I am a strong woman and I am doing it!  It does help that I have learned to ask for help from Chris!  Being independent my entire life, it also was hard to ask for help.

Brixen has a schedule and sometimes it is the same for a couple of days and than it gets thrown off a bit.  And, it is okay!  :)  Brixen is changing each and every day.  I love seeing him grow.  Some days he is more tired than others or more hungry than others.  But I have to admit that I do like being somewhat on a schedule.  And, it sure helps that he sleeps through the night, most nights!

Typically, Brixen goes to bed between 7:30 PM and 8:00 PM.  It really just depends when he starts to get fussy or if we are out doing something that evening.  The past couple of nights he has gotten up around 1:00 AM...  It is hard to get him to go back to sleep with just the pacifier so I end up giving him a bottle to get him back to sleep.  I would say he gets up at 1:00 AM about 2 or 3-times per week.  I think he is doing this a lot more because he is starting to teeth.  But most of the time he sleeps until around 5:00 AM.  I always give him a bottle and he goes back to bed until about 7:30 AM, which has been about 12-hours since he went to bed.

In the mornings, he will eat oatmeal and fruit mixed in.  After that, he gets tired about an hour after he eats and will sleep for about 2-hours.  Sometimes it is less but never over.  When he wakes up, he likes to play for just a bit and gets hungry.  The next two meals, I give him a bottle.  He usually eats dinner around 5:00 or 5:30 PM.  Again, he gets oatmeal with fruit mixed in.  So, two meals a day and bottles for the other feedings.  

I think he is starting to want more baby food, so I may go to three meals a day.  He still gets a lot of formula too.  Big boy!  Oh yea, he eats about every 3 to 3.5-hours.  That is usually the same every day.  He is a hungry boy!  Typically, he takes 2 naps per day.  However, today, he seemed sleepy so he is taking a nap now, which may put him at 3 naps for today.  

When Brixen is sleeping, I am able to get work done, laundry, and even work-out, which I try to do 4 to 5-times per week.  THE BEST PART OF EACH DAY IS SEEING HIM WHEN HE WAKES UP IN THE MORNING OR FROM A NAP!  He is so precious and I just love being a Mommy.  It truly is the best thing in the world!  I can't wait to see what the future has in-store for us and our son, Brixen!  I LOVE YOU BRIXEN CHRISTOPHER!


No comments:

Post a Comment