Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

4-Months!!!

Our Baby Boy is 4-months old!!!  Each and everyday it gets more and more exciting!  I definitely have to say those first few weeks were a lot to handle and stressful.  But once you get through that time and get to know your baby, it is soooo fun!  Brixen brings so much joy to both Chris and I!  We love being parents and can't wait to see what the future has in-store for our Brixen!

Brixen had his 4-month appointment on Friday, June 11 when he was 16-weeks.  It went well!  He had the same shots from the 2-month appointment, 2 injections and 1 oral.  It was painful to have my baby get those but I didn't want to leave him.  I just wanted to hold him and make sure he knew everything was going to be just right.  He ate right after his shots and was fine!  I am so proud of him!  

At his appointment, he weighed 14 lbs, 11 oz.  He is 25.5-inches long.  Our Pediatrician never gives the percentiles so I just don't ask.  Brixen is growing healthy and that is all that matters!  His next appointment will be sometime in later August for his 6-months!  It will be here before we know it because Summer is going to fly by!  We have something going every weekend until the middle of August...  One weekend in July we don't have anything and we are planning to hang out here and relax!  

One big thing from this past month is that BRIXEN IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!  He started doing this about a week ago!  Typically, now he goes to bed at 8 PM and sleeps until about 5:30 AM.  He eats and goes back to bed until about 8:30 AM.  I am enjoying my "me" time in the mornings now with my coffee and getting as much work done as I can.

Also, we have tried giving him rice cereal a couple of times but he just doesn't seem to know what to do with it yet.  We will try again around 5-months and see how he likes it.  Right now, he is eating about every 3-hours, 5 oz.  Each day he is getting between 25 oz and 32 oz.  I think he will be ready around 5-months.  We will be coming back from Harrisburg, PA on July 18, which is when Brixen will be 5-months.  It will be our first plane ride with Brixen!  I am a bit nervous about it but we do like to travel so it is something I will get use too.  ENJOY THE 4-MONTH PHOTOS OF OUR CUTE SON!






No comments:

Post a Comment